SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Invocation of the Sun King

Invocation of the Sun KingApart from Samhain, the Summer Solstice, or Litha, is my favorite holiday. Beltane follows very closely (if isn't tied with Litha), although I was unable to celebrate it this year. There is something about fires, warmth, outdoor festivities, and fresh summer blueberries and watermelon that excites me beyond belief and fills me with strength. Furthermore, my depression vanishes during these couple of months, giving my body and mind a break. The Horned God coming into his brightest moment as the Sun, is also intriguing. I've mentioned several times I don't believe in the literal existence of the deities, but their metaphorical existence is very powerful, and their stories hold great meaning in regards to the changing of the seasons. I don't mind celebrating the holidays with them in mind. It brings something special to them in my opinion. Plus, who doesn't love a good story?

In honor of the Solstice quickly approaching, and that fact that The Pagan Experience post for this week is on deities, I have decided to write an invocation to the Sun King. Feel free to use this in your rituals, prayers, or whatever this sabbat.

I call upon thee great Sun King,
Shining bright for all to see.
I invoke your power on this night,
To infuse this land with all your light.
Come to me, where your praises are sung,
To your altar where flowers are hung.
By the sun kissed meadows and distance moors,
I invite you to my welcoming shores.
On this night, I call to thee,
To bring about peace and harmony.
As you warm the summer air,
I sing to you your golden prayer.
Oh brightest of gods, on you I call,
Bring blessings to thy creatures all.

So this is the first time I have written an invocation. I look forward to being able to use it myself this year. It took a lot more effort than I thought, but it may be related to my husband playing Halo in the other room and my wish to join him!

Do you invoke the Sun King during the solstice? What invocation do you like best? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments :

Post a Comment

This witch loves to hear from her readers, so please share your thoughts below!