SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Litha Celebrations 2016

Woo! So things have been super busy at my house. My nanny job ended, but instead of having more time I feel like I have less. I am been working nonstop on the two courses I am taking this summer while preparing for my first year teaching. Honestly, I need more time to prepare for teaching! My physics class eats 4-6 hours a day. I wish I was kidding, but it literally eats that much time between reading the material (about 150 to 200 pages per unit), doing the homework, taking quizzes, posting on forums, studying, and taking the tests. I can tell you, I still have no idea what we are learning. I am BSing my way through this course. Literally. When the final comes, I don't know what I am going to do because it is not open note like our other exams. Haha! Oh well!

Anyway, we had a wee celebration for Litha last month. We couldn't do much because we both had to work and the budget is super, super tight, but we had a nice evening nonetheless. We started off the evening grilling up some veggie burgers and corn. I also made a light pasta dish and we gorged ourselves in front of a beautiful fire.

To honor the holiday I burnt some rose scented incense and threw a mixture of herbs into the fire to bring good luck, protection, and peace. This mixture consisted of mugwort, lavender, thyme, and yarrow. Not going to lie, this mixture smells divine.
 
We spent the evening after dinner watching the sun go down while we talked and laughed around the fire. Pretty simple and peaceful, yet very spiritual.

How did you celebrate Litha this year?

2 comments :

  1. Sounds like a lovely time (unlike your physics class =S). Glad you had a relaxing Litha. Sounds like you needed it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready to set physics on fire. I can't wait for it to be done. Ugh!!!

      Delete

This witch loves to hear from her readers, so please share your thoughts below!